The Advantages and Effective Use of Steel Piles
Tuesday, January 16 at 2:00pm ET
Mohamad Hussein, PE – GRL Engineers, Inc. and Pile Dynamics, Inc.
Hanan Assfoura, EIT – Nucor Skyline
Steel piles are commonly used as deep foundations to support all types of structures in varied geologic and geotechnical conditions. They are often the most effective solution for providing reliable foundations in many situations.
Please join Nucor Skyline’s Hanan Assfoura and GRL Engineers’ Mohamad Hussein, P.E. for a one-hour complimentary webinar on “The Advantages and Effective Use of Steel Piles”. This webinar will discuss the inherent engineering and construction advantages of steel pile that typically ensure deep foundation work’s success.
The presentation will cover special feature characteristics of driven piles including:
- The ability to bring production pile sections of various lengths to the site prior to driving test piles
- Ease of transportation and handling
- Quick length adjustments by welding and cutoff procedures
- Low ground vibration
- Partial installation by vibro-hammers
- Rapid installation for efficient production
- Compatibility for low-headroom constraints
- Drivability characteristics
Data and discussions on interesting findings from dynamic pile testing, including the following, will also be presented:
- The demonstration of high load bearing capacity
- Subsurface variability and soil setup effects
- Timeliness of field testing and turnaround for production purposes
- Procedures to expedite construction
- Comparison between the drivability of an H-pile and a pre-stressed concrete pile in high elastic rebound soil conditions